Lane & Browns Limited respects your privacy and wants to be transparent about how we handleyour personal data.
The registered office of Lane & Browns Limited is 29 St Neots Road, Sandy, Bedfordshire. SG19 1HS
What is personal information
Personal information broadly means information that identifies (or which could, with other
information that we hold or are likely to hold, identify) a living individual.
The information we collect about you
We collect personal data about you online through our website, when you contact us by telephone,
email, or via direct contact with our employees. This information will be stored on our computer
systems and in our manual records.
This will typically include:
- Full name and contact details (including your contact number, postal address and email)
- Information relating to your identity where, by law, we are required to collect this to comply with the Money Laundering Regulations 2017 and the Immigration Act
- Financial information
Usually we have received this information from you. However, we may also receive information
from other sources such as:
- credit reference agencies
- other family members
- use of property portal websites to contact us
We will add this to the information that we already hold about you.
Cookies and other information-gathering technologies
Internet log information and visitor behaviour information.
We use analytics cookies to collect information on how visitors interact with our website and to
enable us to maintain and develop it. The data gathered, which includes details of the number of
visitors to the site and the pages they access, is in anonymous form. It does not identify individual
How we use your personal information
GDPR requires that personal data is processed lawfully, fairly, and transparently, without adversely
affecting the rights of the data subject. To ensure we are compliant we will only process data where:
- The data subject has given consent to the processing of his or her personal data for one or
more specific purposes;
- It is necessary for the performance of a contract to which the data subject is a party or in
order to take steps at the request of the data subject prior to entering into a contract;
- It is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which the controller is subject;
- It is necessary to protect the vital interests of the data subject or of another natural person;
- It is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the
exercise of official authority vested in the controller;
- It is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the controller or by a
third party, except where such interests are overridden by the fundamental rights and
freedoms of the data subject which require protection of personal data.
Sharing of information
We may share your personal information with third parties in the following circumstances:
• Landlords, tenants, vendors and purchasers. When you ask us to do so, we may share your
personal information with current or prospective landlords, tenants, vendors and purchasers (and
their respective advisors) in relation to any potential sale or rental. If any of these third parties is a
business, then they will become a data controller of the information we provide, and their own
privacy policies will apply.
• Our suppliers and subcontractors. We may provide your personal information to our business
suppliers and subcontractors who are providing services to us, or where necessary to provide a
service you have requested.
We may also share your personal information in order to obtain professional advice, or to comply
with a legal obligation or a request from law enforcement or another regulatory authority.
The accuracy of the information that we hold about you is important to us. If any of the information
that we hold is inaccurate or out of date, please let us know using the contact details set out at the
end of this notice.
You have a number of rights under Data Protection Laws in relation to the way we process your
personal data, namely:
- to access your data;
- to have your data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete;
- in certain circumstances, to have your data deleted or removed;
- in certain circumstances, to restrict the processing of your data;
- a right of portability, namely to obtain and reuse your data for your own purposes across
- to object to direct marketing (although we do not carry out direct marketing);
- not to be subject to automated decision making (including profiling), where it produces a
legal effect or a similarly effect on you (we do not use automated decision making); and
- to claim compensation for damages caused by a breach of Data Protection Laws.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact us using the contact details below.
We will aim to respond to any request received from you within one month from your request.
Access to your data will usually be provided free of charge, although in certain circumstances we
may make a small charge where entitled to do so under the Data Protection Laws.
How we protect your information
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised
access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures
to safeguard and secure the information we collect from you.
How long we retain your information
We will not keep personal data for any longer than is necessary, considering the
purposes for which that data was originally collected and processed. When the data is no longer
required appropriate steps will be taken, in a timely manner, to erase the data.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these
links to leave our website, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website.
Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you
provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You
should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
changes on this page and place notices on other pages of the website, so that you may be aware of
17th May 2018.
If you have any queries about this privacy notice or wish to exercise any of the rights above, please
Data Protection Officer
Lane & Browns Limited
11 High Street
Phone: 01767 691122
Making a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office
If you are not satisfied with our response to any query you raise with us, or you believe we are
processing your personal data in a way which is inconsistent with the law, you can complain to the
Information Commissioner’s Office – helpline number: 0303 123 1113